Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Uninspired = free yarn contest

Update - a winner has been chosen - Next post on Wednesday evening will name the winner and the prize!

I've been feeling blah about knitting and blogging lately. I'm sure this phase will pass but I always hate it when I get into these slumps. I've been working on the same annoying knee high sock for ages, since my vacation over a month ago, and I'm still not finished with the first one - it just goes on and on and on.

In order to get back into the swing of things, I am going back to my regular reading and commenting of blogs - I'm scared to even look at bloglines. I've also decided that in order to make things more exciting around here I am going to have a CONTEST.

Ok the rules - very simple - leave me a comment on what you do to get out of your yarn and blogging slumps. I'll then pick one of you at random and send over yarny gifts. If you happen to be a spinner as well, you'll get 1/2 yarn gifts and 1/2 spinning gifts. I'm also going to compile a list of all the suggestions in hopes of helping others during these dark hours of non-knitting and blogging. I'm not sure what the prize will be yet but you can be sure it'll be good - if you've seen my apartment in person, or just pictures here online, you know I have LOTS of stuff - many of which really could use a new home.

Aren't the Atlas mountains in Morocco amazing? - hey if you would like to take a peak at my vacation photos check out the Morocco flickr Pool or my flickr page