Thursday, November 29, 2007

Excuse me ....I felted

Well I tried to anyway - about a month ago I bought some felting supplies at Brooklyn General
to try my hand at felting (yeah like I NEED a new hobby) Well this was my sad little attempt:

some funky swirls and dots - after a little while I realized this hobby isn't for me, but Court picked up the needle and some funky wool I had laying around and look at this:

Front:


Back:


She's a friggin natural! She didn't even look online for tutorials or anything - just went right at it - I'm impressed. The baby dragon isn't finished yet - I can't wait to see it all done.

Speaking of finished - woo hoo the Twisted Tweed socks are done. Well they've been done for a while now hence the fuzzies on the sock from wearing them all over the house.

Project Stats:

Pattern: Twisted Tweed - I did them toe up and only knit the pattern on the leg.

Yarn: Trekking XXL

Started: September 25, 2007

Finished: November 16, 2007

Here we go - my list of WIP's


1. Log Cabin baby blanket - as with all log cabins it just keeps going and going. I love it though and it is the best TV knitting...knit, knit, knit


2. Mitered square baby blanket - a long time ago I bought up a ton of GGH aspen at 2 bucks a ball - I decided it would make the most squishy fun baby blanket. so here I am cranking out squares - again good tv knitting.

3. New sock - My own pattern and my new 3 ply sock yarn. Umm I don't want to toot my own horn but umm...I really love this yarn. I'm knitting this sock up on 3.25 mm needles - I started on Tuesday morning and I'll be done tonight with the first sock. I'll be writing the pattern up while I knit the second sock. Hopefully making the PDF will go as fast - although unlikely!

3. Spinning - yup it's been a LONG while since I've posted any spinning around here. I'm spinning up some BFL/Merino which will stripe pink and rainbow. I'm not sure if I want to keep this as singles or ply it with a little BLING - i miss the bling - it's been a while!

Ok, these silk paintings were not done by me - but the person who did do them doesn't think they are any good - can you please let her know she is crazy! I think they are lovely and she should continue to play with the medium and create, cause not only are they already beautiful but I can see how much more potential she has. The first two were inspired by cave paintings, and the last one by a picture of an art quilt.