Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Finally some breathing time! and a Contest!

Ok, so I haven't posted in over a week - getting close to 2 weeks (have you missed me??)- don't delete me from bloglines just yet! I've been busy but I have been taking pictures so I'll get ya all caught up in photos - here we go.

Last week I had the pleasure of meeting the lovely lolly - she really is lovely and so sweet! I met Lolly and Carrie (I'm always happy to get a chance to hang with a fellow spider!) We went right for the yarn and took a stroll over to School Products - Here is a great picture of Lolly and Carrie in front of a full color spectrum of yarn - very fitting!
From there we got a bite to eat. I wish we had more time to hang out - we'll have to plan another get together soon ladies! Maybe at Sheep and Wool??

Here is proof that yarn is officially taking over my apartment it has escaped from the craft room and is thinking of starting it's own blog! Don't worry I've remedied this and shot down the mutiny by sending most of these unruly skeins off to Kpixie for relocation! Take that yarn - you will never get the best of me...bwahahaha

Please welcome the newest member of my spinning family - He's a bit on the chunky side which makes him even cuter. This big baby is a Babes Bulky Electric Spinner with electric skeinwinder attached. Don't worry I haven't neglected my little Gooch the Louet - she gets plenty of action when I spin silk! So what should I name the Bulky Spinner? Any suggestions? Free skein of Brooklyn Handspun Superwash to the winner...come on I know you can get creative...

Last but certainly not least my SP7 sent me some fabulous gifts. There are earrings, pins, stickers (hmm I'm thinking she is from london!!!) some Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn and the creme de la creme - one ounce of Cashmere! It's soo soft - I've never spun cashmere and I have a feeling I'm going to have to buy more of this stuff! I'm loving the luxury!

I'm off to catch up on the 400 new posts on bloglines that I've neglected - if you haven't heard from me in a while don't worry I'm back - and will be commenting away!