Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Performance time!

Sorry I've been such a poor blogger as of late but it's time for another Opera. This weekend will be the first performances of L'Elisir D'Amore! I'm having a great time, although I'm stretched a little thin and feeling just a tad of stress. Hopefully I'll have pictures of the show on Monday to show everyone.

Considering the above, I really haven't had much time to knit but I did get a little spinning done.
Here is a sorbet handpainted merino 2 ply with, of course, some sparkle lurex thrown in. I've still got about 2.5 pounds of dyed fiber to spin up so there will be plenty of pictures to post. I've also spun up some plain tussah silk that I will be dyeing. This stuff is so soft...like buttah. I'm thinking dark burgundy with some purple thrown in maybe a little olive green...we'll see what happens when I get to the dyepot! I've got about 3 more lbs of of this, so you'll be seeing silk a lot.