Thursday, February 21, 2008

Brooklyn Bonanza

First off - thank you to all of you who wished me birthday wishes and congratulations on the engagement - I've said it before and I'll say it again - all of you guys rock!

This past weekend I had my yearly spider gathering - this was the 3rd year. It was a blast! I wish I had taken more pictures but I was having way too much fun to do that.



The 1st year is was dyeing, the 2nd spinning and this year it was all about the secret single sock swap. We used Elfster to match up the spiders and then we knit one sock for our swap pal. It was the best swap ever - beautiful socks - inspiring actually!


I got a sock, and some other goodies from the fabulous Virginia who actually wrote her own pattern for the sock - and that pattern is going to be adapted for my Instant Gratification sock yarn. So not only did I get a great sock (which I'll be casting on for the mate soon) I get a pattern to give out to my customers!



check out that cable action - now I HAVE to start knitting cables...I know I know it's easy - I don't know why I've put it off for so long - they are so friggin pretty.

I forgot to take a picture of the sock I knit for Cathy but if you look above 3rd from the left I knit a Poseidon sock with my soft spun plus colorway red brick. I really enjoyed the pattern it was fun to knit and I was able to memorize the pattern pretty quickly.

We all know that knitting is integral to our survival as a species ( at least I think so!) but how will the rest of the world come to find out about it? IKEA - yup you know your craft has reached new heights when IKEA has a yarn store in their showroom!





Now if only I can get my craft room so organized!