Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Very Memorable Birthday...

Last Friday I met a bunch of family and friends in a cozy little bar downtown to celebrate my 30th birthday. We had a blast chatting and drinking while the jukebox played - then - I got a giant birthday surprise! Courtney gets everyone's attention, at least 20 people or so, and takes out a sheet of paper then starts to tell everyone that before we met (about a year ago) she made a list of everything she wanted in a partner. This list included some very specific items like: she likes to dye stuff, is between 27 and 30, has gaps in her teeth, cooks well so she doesn't have to, has light eyes and brown hair, loves cats....etc. She says that I fit everyone of the items on that list (it was spooky actually) and most of all she wanted someone who when she got down on one knee and proposed she would say yes - and then she asked me to marry her!

I must admit I was floored, totally shocked, had NO idea this was coming! It took me a few moments to let everything sink in but as soon as I got my wits about me I accepted. We both agreed that there won't be a wedding for at least another year (gotta see who wins the presidential election - might have some impact on marriage rights).

Here is a picture of the sheep (that she needle felted herself) which she presented me the ring with:


The ring has an Amethyst stone since purple is my favorite color, and look it has swirls on it - can you believe that?!?! (if you've been reading my blog for long enough you'll realize I have a thing for swirls). I couldn't have even designed myself a better ring.
It's absolutely perfect!