Monday, October 08, 2007

Bring on Socktoberfest

I'm ready for you Socktober! I've already got one pair of socks done and another on the way. Court's ribbed socks are finished and I love the way they came out.


Project Stats:
Pattern: my own - just a toe up sock with a short row heel and a nice and tall 2x2 ribbed leg. Knit on size 3US 56 st.
Yarn: Magic Garden Buttons yarn - 83% NZ wool, 17% polyester. 134 yards/50g ball. Machine washable. I used 2 full balls of blue and one of yellow.
Started: September 21, 2007
Finished: October 4, 2007

My next pair of socks are already underway - Twisted Tweed Socks.

I really like this stitch pattern it looks more complicated than it is and I think it will actually stay up on my leg. I'm already planning on knitting another pair of these and this time I might even knit the stitch pattern down the sock.

A while back, my mom asked - no wait - demanded a pair of socks. After holding her off for a while I finally finished her socks and gave them to her a few months ago. These are baby cashmerino so they are super soft but not the most durable of socks.

She told me she was going to use them as house socks so I figured a cashmere blend yarn wouldn't be too bad on pergo floors. Apparently I was wrong - take a look at moms new...umm mittens?

If you look closely you'll see she wore 3 holes in her house socks. each one had a hole in the heel and one where the ball of the foot is. Apparently she didn't just wear them in the house but she told me she "might" have walked outside on the concrete and stone pavers. Not to mention I have a feeling she threw these in the washing machine quite frequently. Not to worry mom - I've already got another pair in mind for you - and this time I'm adding either a slipped stitch heel and toe or maybe even making the whole bottom of the foot in Eye of Partridge. Eventually I'm sure they too will wear out but hopefully it will take longer than a few months!

Hey here are some kitty pics - these are the two new guys - Divino and Douglass. They are so friggin sweet and amazingly all 4 cats get along rather well. I'm waiting for the day they all are sleeping close enough to get a group picture...how sweet will that be?!