Thursday, January 10, 2008

Happy New Year

Happy New Year! - I hope you and all your loved ones had a wonderful
holiday season. Exciting times here at Brooklyn Handspun! I've got a
couple of new things going on that I'd love to share with you.

1) The 2008 Holiday Sock Club is now open! I've got great colors brewing....go over and check it out.

2) Keep an eye out late next week for a GIANT update!

3) I'm am now taking wholesale orders from brick and mortar stores
- so if you would like to see Brooklyn Handspun in your LYS let them know to send an inquiry to wholesale@brooklynhandspun.com - you'll be seeing my 3 ply yarn at The Point very soon.

4) I have started taking private spinning students on a drop spindle or wheel. If you are in the NYC area and would like to take spinning lessons just email me and I'll give you all the information.

5) If classes are more your thing - I will be teaching a spinning class at Brooklyn General beginning February 2, 2008. Introduction to Spinning $125 (great price for 6 hours of lessons!)

Four 1 ½ hour classes Learn how to spin and design your own yarn on a drop spindle. Class includes an overview of animal and plant fibers, how to card and blend different fiber types and colors, plying instruction, and an introduction to the spinning wheel. Check here for more info or you can call 718.237.7753

Materials available at first class
Session A: Mon 6:30 to 8:00 pm, 2/4, 11, 25. 3/3

Brooklyn General is also hosting the fabulous Pluckyfluff she will be offering a 2 day spinning camp - you'll learn lots of carding and novelty techniques for the art yarn lover in you. Tell them Brooklyn Handspun referred you! You can find all the info on the Brooklyn General Blog

I have a bunch of FO's and pictures to share with you - unfortunately I left my camera at home but I'll get them up in a few days!