Sunday, November 06, 2005

so. very. busy.

Last week was one of "those" weeks. You know what I mean, a week where you don't take a lunch hour and leave late every night from work, where every night after work you have to go to appointments you made months ago and can't cancel although you are so tired you aren't much use to anyone anyway. Well that was me last week. I seemed to be running around like crazy from Sat. to Sat. non-stop. Thank goodness today I can finally rest a bit and maybe, possibly, get some spinning in.

I must get some spinning in so I can show some of my yarns to one of my LYS's, How cool would it be to have my yarn at The Point! I heart that store. I'm also looking into getting together my own website for Brooklyn Handspun which will be together with my Sun and Moon Creations website where I have my jewelry. I haven't updated that site in ages so it's time for a fresh start.

Although I was tired E and I gave a jewelry making workshop to cancer survivors in queens on Thursday and it was great. Basically we go in there with supplies, show them how to string beads or simple earrings and they then head for all the bead boxes and bead to their hearts content. We only charge the organization for the supplies and we volunteer our time. It makes me feel so good to see them smile and look at the bracelet, necklace or earrings they have made. I think that the sense of accomplishment really lifts their spirit - there is something special and alive about handcrafting. This was the second time we've went and it won't be the last!

Well I'm going to clean the house (it's in desperate need) and then get to crafting so I can have lots of pictures for tomorrow's post! Enjoy what's left of your weekend!!