Monday, February 13, 2006

Snowed in

By now you've probably all seen a million pictures of the great Blizzard of '06 but I'm going to bore you with a few more. I'd like to show you why I am terribly sore today - this is our car before:

Then bring on the ancient shovel E keeps in the trunk - which itself weighs about 30 lbs, and a lot of elbow greese, and this is what you get:
ahh a nice clean car! I've got to remember to buy a couple of those smaller plastic shovels not the wood and metal...hmm could it have been LEAD...shovels.

The good thing about this weekend is that I got to stay home and knit and spin and dye...OH MY! But first check this out. E finished her hat and scarf set:
These really came in handy this weekend and they look amazing. I love the yarn she choose, it is so soft...baby alpaca and silk, and the colors are so fitting for her. Not to mention her knitting skills are really coming along - look at these decreases. I am so proud! She's also started a shawl...I think another week and she'll be done...of course pictures will be following completion.

E isn't the only one who has been knitting, I'm chugging away on my Clapotis -
This is a little over a weeks work - not too bad, and I'm not bored yet...good thing dropping stitches is fun! I've also had a chance to work on my Flower Basket Shawl - I've got the Upper Chart done and 2 repeats of the lower done - I'll have pictures soon. I wish I would have picked a) a lighter yarn so I could see the stitches better and b) a thicker yarn - again so the stitches would be a little more apparent. When knitting lace with two strands of yarn I find, for the novice lace knitter like myself, that I sometimes only pick up one of the strands and I'll have to go back and fix it. Oh well now I know for my next lace project....oh man did I just say that...yes yes I'm liking the lace, even if looking at the chart makes my eyes go cross from time to time!