Tuesday, May 02, 2006

New Labels!

A wonderful fellow knitblogger designed a new label for my yarn and also was kind enough to make a banner for the upcoming website and a button for all of you to steal!

Like the label? I love it! Just what I wanted and it only took her a weekend! This lovely lady is Chris of Fuzzy sheep Knits And not only is she great with Photoshop - she's a sweetie!



Here - take a button! (please use your own bandwith)

Now I'm off to have them printed up all nice like and start using them! Wow I feel like this is a real business - it is a real business but the labels make me feel all grown up...lol.

Also, My yarns can now be purchased at Yahaira's fancy new online store Pure Knits While you are there, check out the rest of her site - she has some amazing products. For you spinners out there reading this, she has super soft and sparkly batts by the talented Stephanie under yarn and Spritely Goods - also check her blog out for more handspun and fab. batts.

I've been playing around with my collection of beads and decided to bring my two passions, jewelry and knitting, together. I've combined stitch markers and jewelry - I know this isn't a new concept but I haven't really seen stitch markers which use semi precious stones and sterling silver! I'll probably offer them with a sterling silver chain - you never know when you need a stitch marker!

What do you think? Would you wear them? I think they make great cluster necklaces. 4 regular stitch markers and one center one just in case you need to mark the beginning of a row. Of course I can always add even smaller ones on the right or left side of the necklace if you need more markers.
This one is Garnet, Aquamarine, Peridot, Amethyst and Citrine - great for up to a size 6 needle.

This one is all faceted Smokey Quartz - and can be used with larger needles up to 11.

Edited to ddd - The stich markers are being held in my hand - although I can see why some people have thought they were my boobs - nope, luckily my boobs don't have creases like that! LOL