Friday, February 23, 2007

Color Overload

Look what I've been up to -


I'll have a nice big update next week! Thanks to Virginia and my sister Lauren who both helped me dye up this crazy bunch of yarn - over 30 lbs of it I think.

Here is Lauren after washing a LOT of yarn.


Isn't she cute?

I've also had one sock fly off the needles - my mom's baby cashmerino sock - one down and the next one to do. I started knitting this sock last friday and I finished on Saturday - I love knitting on size 3US needles it goes so fast. I didn't cast on for the 2nd sock till last night and I am almost at the heel. Hopefully by tomorrow the pair will be done and my mom can stop hounding me (you hear that mom? I know you are reading this, they are almost done - I promise).

See, here is proof of the first one done!


Oh hey - here is a painting I did like 2 weeks ago. I was cleaning before having the spiders over and in the middle of cleaning I realized I needed to fill a space on my wall and I just HAD to make a new painting. So I put all the cleaning down and broke out the acrylics, the metallic powders and canvases and proceeded to make more of a mess. But I really like the way it came out. - check it out larger you can see the sparklies in it better.