Friday, February 02, 2007

Meme time!

Thank you everyone for the Birthday wishes - I had a great time and all your comments really made my week!

I have knitting but - it's mainly secret knitting so I can't show ya. I'm also knitting a pair of socks but I forgot to take my cf card so I could upload it. I'm using Cool Beans. While I was reskeining I had a bit of a tangle issue and eventually got impatient and had to cut a big chunk of the yarn out so it was too short to sell, I figured I'd keep it - there is still plenty for a pair of socks.

Since I have no pretty pictures for you to look at - other than maybe a random sky picture



I'm going to get to the two memes that I think I might have been tagged for!

The first one is 6 weird things about me -

1: I adore cheese - all kinds of cheese, I must - at all times - have at least 5 different kinds of cheese in my refrigerator!

2: I love to cook but only for 2 or more people, I have no problem cooking for 20 (ask the Spiders!) but when I come home from work I really don't want to cook just for me, so I put together strange combinations of what I have around the kitchen. A little seasoned plain yogurt (makes a great dip), some pita bread, a bit of cheese, an avocado...this list constantly changes and can at times get very strange.

3: I have a strange obsession with Swirls - if you've been reading this blog for a bit you'll have noticed that I enjoy swirls in my jewelry, paintings, and sewing projects When I see swirly fabric I'm compelled to buy it, I'll take pictures of swirls and I've even designed a tattoo of a swirl tree for myself!

4: I research - a LOT. When I become interested in a particular topic I research the hell out of it and learn pretty much all I can (I think this is why I have lots of crazy facts rolling around in my head) and the topics are varied from all sorts of crafts to holocaust studies - and many topics in between.

5: I enjoy inventing contraptions out of stuff around the house like the home made icord maker and yarn skeiner. Even if eventually I'll get the commercial one I still enjoy trying to do my own take on it. This is helpful when you get ideas very late at night and must improvise.

6: I don't drive - you heard me I don't have a license, I had a learners permit but that expired ages ago. You see, I'm a New Yorker - born and raised. My family didn't have a car while I was younger so I never had anything to learn on and well, you really don't need a car in NYC. I know the subway system very well and, to me at least, the map is quite easy to understand - even the bus maps. One day I'll get my license...one day...

The second Meme -

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.

Right next to me I have my latest read - The Good Fairies of New York - Martin Millar

Mairi had the second sight. "Not much farther. I can sense a very strange land only a little way away."

very strange land indeed this blog land of ours!

Have a great weekend!