Thursday, September 29, 2005

i-cord you cord...

Well, since sweetgeorgia fessed up to a little office spinning, I'll fess up to some office i-cord making. A month or so ago I was so bored here at work I came up with a makeshift i-cord maker, using a coffee cup, rubberband, tape, and jumbo smooth paperclips...


crafty huh? I like a 4 prong i-chord maker although I've also made them with as many as 8, so I get a nice big tube, hmmm maybe I can make socks this way? I think I better learn the regular way before I start inventing shortcuts! And here are pics with yarn on the i-cord maker:


and the result is...



sorry for the funky fuzzy yarn, it's all I had with me today at work, it's from this which should be done tomorrow...YAY.

It's not all about knitting...hello the name of the blog is Brooklyn Handspun! Last night I spun up a bit of hand dyed tussah silk, I love spinning silk although I've got to make sure I'm wearing slippery pants or it will stick to everything - especially bare leg stubble!!!! Yeah yeah I know you all don't shave those legs everyday!


Don't you love the colors? I am biased, they are my favorites! Give me purple, and green anyday.

In other spinning news, I've got the next project all laid out and ready to go...here Igo with my rainbows again! What do you guys think? Should I attempt a rainbow supercoiled yarn? or maybe a thick and thin? Any suggestions? This is the same yarn as my Rainbow Blast yarn (the funky birds nest one!).