Monday, January 16, 2006

Jaywalker Pics

Here we have my finished jaywalkers...YAY!


I made a few mistakes but hey it's only my 3rd pair of socks! Not too shabby me thinks. I really like the way they came out. The yarn I used was a wholesale two ply which I then dyed (I had originally wanted more vibrant colors but I was impatient with the dyeing process and I rinsed them way too soon. But I love my Sweettart jays - I wore them all day yesterday.

I've also made progress on the toe up magic loop sock -

I took the advice of my lovely commenters (I love you girls!) and did a short row heel - the instructions in my sock book looked more complicated than they were and it didn't take too much time at all. I then was thinking about some kind of pattern for the leg, I wanted something with a little lace feel but not too open so I took the pattern from the Dublin bay socks I originally saw on Beth's site. The only thing I did was change the positioning of the lace panel from the sides to the front and back. These are flying off the needles I'm pretty close to done with this one and I only started on Thursday.

This little lace stitch is the first one I've ever tried - after the socks are done I'm going to jump right in to the flower basket shawl. I hope the lace goddess is with me!