Tuesday, January 10, 2006

SP7 Questionnaire

Ohh I am so excited to join this time - I missed out on the last one so here are my answers...

Update for my SP...I forgot #13....lucky 13...how could I forget you....

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? I swore I wasn’t going to become a yarn snob, but the inevitable has happened I am now I am – especially after learning to spin! I’m not a fan of acrylic – it squeaks too much.

2. Do you spin? Crochet? I spin…a lot

3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? - an old tin

4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? – a few years I’d say intermediate I really didn’t start making stuff other than scarves and shawls until 4 months ago – and now all I want to do is knit new things – especially socks!

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? – nope but I’ll have to start one

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) I like clean smells like linen and flowery ones like honeysuckle…no vanilla!

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Oh yes – chocolate…especially if it has hazelnuts in it…ohh Nutella (if you haven’t had it you MUST try it)

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I design and make jewelry

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I’m a big music fan of almost all genres and yes I can play MP3s

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? My fav. color is anything in the purple family…I tend to like autumn colors deep lush colors.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I live with my partner and our 3 kitties

12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I do except for ponchos

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? hmm this is a very difficult question!!! and one of the most important...lets see I generally love it all!!! ok, I really enojoy all types of sock yarn and I don't have too much of it in my stash at the moment - like Cherry Tree Hill, Koigu, I've been salivating for the much coveted Trekking xxl in colorway 100. I also love most of karabella yarns. Hey if it's soft and pretty I'll like it!

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Acrylic

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? socks socks socks

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Umm see #15

17. What are you knitting right now? See #15

18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Oh yeah

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Circular all the way

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Addis first and then bamboo

21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yup

22. How did you learn to knit? I taught myself form a learn to knit book

23. How old is your oldest UFO? A scarf I’ve been knitting for about a year but it’s an on going thing I use up leftovers for the never ending scarf

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Anything with cats

25. What is your favorite holiday? Any one where I get gifts!

26. Is there anything that you collect? Other than yarn and fiber…not really..unless you count my tons of books

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I don’t have any

28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? I’ve got a lot of books, I can always use some cherry tree hill sock yarn, and addi turbo circs in size 2

29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I’ve got a lot to learn but nothing in particular

30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Oh yes I am a sock knitter – my measurements are ankle – 9 in Length 9.5 in , 2 ¾ inch from bottom of ankle bone to the floor – I’m a size 8 1/2

31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) 1/25