Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The new Meme on the block

I've been tagged! But before I get to that Here is a sneak peak at some of the yarn which will be up for sale at the end of the week!




Now off to the Meme...

Instructions: Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot.
citymama
making (nee stitch marker)
step into my thimble

scissorina
Brooklyn Handspun

Then select five people to tag:

Stephanie
Erin
Sandra
Casey
Jane


What were you doing 9 years ago?
Let's see - 9 years ago I was in college struggling with my BORING classes and trying to figure out a major which wouldn't drive me too crazy. I was trying to justify going to NYU and getting a "regular" BA as opposed to going to a conservatory to pursue opera. I told myself it was because I didn't want to be waitressing after I graduate so I needed a back up career. I've still got mixed feelings about it - On the one hand I met E in college and If I had gone to conservatory I never would have, I found my job while I was there through career services and I've been here ever since, and I am not waitressing, I did get to take voice lessons in College although not at the intensity I would have liked. On the other hand one of the girls I went to HS with went to the conservatory I would have wanted to go to and she is now singing mainstage at the Pittsburgh opera....oh well I'm not out of the game yet!

What were you doing 6 years ago?

Graduating college, then working full time and hating it - still do! Taking Voice lessons and naively thinking that I was going to be singing mainstage at the met by the time I was 30...HAHAHAHA yeah right. It's a lot harder than that, but I've still not given up my dream - it might not be at the met but I'll be singing mainstage in a few years!

What were you doing one hour ago?
Writing letters and other boring stuff here at work.

Name 3 movies you can't turn off if you stumble across them on television.

The 5th Element - I don't know what it is but I HAVE to watch it - maybe it's because of the giant blue diva

Any con artist movie like Ocean's 11(12) or The Sting - it must be my Bronx upbringing

Any Movie or TV show that has to do with WWII

one more....any NOVA or national Geographic Presentation...I live for the nerd channels - History, Discovery, TLC, and National Geographic

Name 3 things you want to improve upon this year.
Time management

Weight control

Learn more knitting techniques and finish more objects!

Name 3 things you can't live without
My Iriver Mp3 player and voice lesson recorder

chocolate

Fiber

Name 3 things you could....
My Commute to work

Work - if I were somehow independently wealthy

My Commute home from work.....do you see a pattern here?

Name 3 things you really like about yourself.
My ability to teach myself techniques and various hobbies from books

My eyes - although they are often covered by glasses and many people don't even know I have Green eyes

I'm outgoing and have no problem talking with total strangers...I meet some wonderful people like that.