Friday, October 28, 2005

I've been tagged...

I've been tagged for this meme by Felicia...here goes

What is your all-time favourite yarn to knit with?
This is not a fair question to one who is enamored of all fibery things. My fav changes constantly but recently I've fallen in love with Debbie Bliss Baby Alpaca Silk (yes I know I have yet to knit with it, but I don't see how such softness can be anything but lovely!)

Your favourite needles?
I have yet to try the Addi's everyone raves about but they are on the shopping list. For now, I love my all purpose bamboo needles and really love my Grandmother's ancient bakellite ones.

The worst thing you’ve ever knit?
I really have too many to list, but the absolute worst was my first felted bag which came out about the size of a coin purse and turned out to be hexagonal instead of square...how the hell did that happen?

Your most favourite knit pattern? (maybe you don’t like wearing it…but it was the most fun to knit)
Since I've always had an issue with authority I haven't used very many patterns, I kinda go at it with a glance at a pattern but nothing strict - it could also be that my knitting skills are seriously HURT (but I am learning and being more patient - I'll be knitting a sweater in no time) But I did love the multi-directional diagonal scarf, it was so fun!

Most valuable knitting technique?
ummm, I've still got a lot to learn but breaking out a crochet hook to pick up those dropped stitches is a lifesaver.

Best knit book or magazine?
I have so many books it's really hard to choose, my favorite to look at because the pictures rock is Pluckyfluff's Handspun Revolution ok it's a spinning book, but it's really cool.

Your favorite knit-a-long?
I've never done an official KAL but I've jumped on the Socktoberfest bandwagon and am almost done.

Your favorite knitblogs?
This is really difficult because I read so many of them but a few I enjoy are Too Much Wool, Dogs Steal Yarn, and Knit, Anne Marie, Knit! There are so many more that I love but you'd be terribly bored reading 150 links!

Your favorite knitwear designer?
Hmm I just bought Teva Durhams book - Loop-d-looop and think her style is so unique, although maybe a little too fashion forward for me.

The knit item you wear the most? (how about a picture of it!)
The Knit item I wear the most has got to be my Multi-directional diagonal scarf - I've been wearing it every day since it's gotten cold.
I know it's novelty yarn (Berocco Softy) but oh my it lovely against the neck Here it is on:

Now let's see Veronique, Lisa and Natasha - Tag your it!